Here

And then this Bear, Pooh Bear, Winnie-the-Pooh, F.O.P. (Friend of Piglet's), R.C. (Rabbit's Companion), P.D. (Pole Discoverer), E.C. and T.F. (Eeyore's Comforter and Tail-finder)--in fact, Pooh himself--said something so clever that Christopher Robin could only look at him with mouth open and eyes staring, wondering if this was really the Bear of Very Little Brain whom he had know and loved so long.

Thursday, December 21, 2006

smoke, fire, hanukah, etc...

(aka, some content for a change...)
the following is based on a shiur i recently gave to undergrads at NYU as part of the conspiracy to keep dayschool graduats engaged with Judaism.

the background:
It all started when I somehow ended up at the Gush Hanukah mesibah during my "year in israel." I mean, it was awkward, because I was a seminary girl and suddenly found myself in a room full of boys. ahhh! (i was sitting in the couples corner, at least, because i was there visiting married friend...)
Anyhow, Rav Lichtenstein gave a neat sichah. The summary is here, at #39. By reading it you would never know he used the words "mysterium termendum" (tee hee), but otherwise i was very glad to find it so i didn't have to rely on memory for my shiur... (Actually, I sent something similar out in a yavneh email a few years ago (those were the dys...), based on memory. I had forgotten one of the sources until I looked it up in the Yavneh archives...)
Anyhow, the summary basically only cites pesukim, but I think a lot of rabinnic sources are on point too. (R'L might even have mentioned them. For sure some of them were in the back of his head, at least..>)
Anyway, that's all by long-winded way of introduction. Actually, I;m going to post the content in another post so it doesn't look to long...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home