Here

And then this Bear, Pooh Bear, Winnie-the-Pooh, F.O.P. (Friend of Piglet's), R.C. (Rabbit's Companion), P.D. (Pole Discoverer), E.C. and T.F. (Eeyore's Comforter and Tail-finder)--in fact, Pooh himself--said something so clever that Christopher Robin could only look at him with mouth open and eyes staring, wondering if this was really the Bear of Very Little Brain whom he had know and loved so long.

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

take my blood, please!

I never have much success giving blood. I think I've been dismissed for marginal anemia (of the "you're not sick but you can't give blood" variety) two or three times in a row. But, I'm O negative, so I keep trying...
At a blood drive on Tuesday, I finally registered at 12.8 for iron (12 is the cutoff. i'm usually 11.7 or so). And yet - the Man got me down. I arrived on time for my 11:15 appointment, but I was still waiting to get to a gurney where I could wait to get stuck with a needle at 12:55. Since class was at 1:05, and my prof is a stickler for, well, everything (he starts exactly when the second hand hits 12), I had to go.
However, for my time, I got two free passes to the Bronx Zoo, expiring at the end of March. Since I am one person, and my usual outing-companion is away, any takers?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home