Here

And then this Bear, Pooh Bear, Winnie-the-Pooh, F.O.P. (Friend of Piglet's), R.C. (Rabbit's Companion), P.D. (Pole Discoverer), E.C. and T.F. (Eeyore's Comforter and Tail-finder)--in fact, Pooh himself--said something so clever that Christopher Robin could only look at him with mouth open and eyes staring, wondering if this was really the Bear of Very Little Brain whom he had know and loved so long.

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

of klein bottles and "atomic" clocks....

a few months ago, oren and i received these glasses from one of my high school teachers (a Conservative rebbetzin) as a belated wedding gift. a Few weeks ago I finally toveled them and have since been using them a lot. (We were actually low on glasses...)
I really wonder who thought of the glasses, and who buys them. I would guess that "frum people" is not the answer to either. I would further guess that they are a common gift from moderately affiliated people to their "frummie" friends and relatives. But they're still fun. If a bit odd.
On the subject of funny wedding gifts, the most useless, but perhaps most amusing, was this.
One of my personal favorites was the atomic clock.
I originally registered for it because they have them at Drisha and I thought they were cool. Particularly when they reset themselves: seeing clock hands move spontaneously around the face of the clock multiple times per minute is rather amusing, if eerie...
What I did not know at the time was that our atomic clock would have a special habit of resetting itself to 3 hours 45 minutes slow every Friday, and then correcting itself by Monday morning. Again, amusing, if not useful. Actually, it took me a few frustrating weeks to figure out that there was a method to the incorrect timing, but now I think it's endearing...
I don't know what the point of this post is. Ideas for all out there who are in the market for inexpensive fun gifts around this time of year (or another)...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home