Here

And then this Bear, Pooh Bear, Winnie-the-Pooh, F.O.P. (Friend of Piglet's), R.C. (Rabbit's Companion), P.D. (Pole Discoverer), E.C. and T.F. (Eeyore's Comforter and Tail-finder)--in fact, Pooh himself--said something so clever that Christopher Robin could only look at him with mouth open and eyes staring, wondering if this was really the Bear of Very Little Brain whom he had know and loved so long.

Sunday, August 07, 2005

In perpetuity throughout the universe

About a year ago I was an extra in a movie (then called April Showers, it's been renamed Play it by Ear, probably because of this
movie)
At the time, our only compensation for waiting hours in Central Park were mini candy bars, which were actually good enought at the time, but whatever...
They sent me the following "performance release:"

"I hereby authorize April Showers Movie Productions, LLC to record my name, likeness, image, voice and biographical material on tape for the feature film entitled "April Showers".(sic) [a separate letter exaplined that the neame was being changed.]

...

I grant April Showers Movie Productions, LLC the right without limitation to use my physical likeness and/or voice in perpetuity throughout the universe, in all known and hereafter existing media, in any form including photograph, picture, artist's rednering, silhouette, or other reproduction by film, tape, internet, or otherwise for the purpose of producing this feature film or any promotional material in support of this film.

etc.


They really covered all their bases, eh?

Anyway, if it ever comes out, the movie didn't seem very good, so I'm not sure I recommend it.

3 Comments:

At 10:25 AM, Blogger jacob said...

Artist rednering? was that your spelling mistake or their's. I only ask becasue I suspect you cut and pasted that paragraph which means that whatever law firm drafteed those documents should be fired.

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger miriam said...

my spelling mistake - i got a hard copy, so no cutting and pasting was possible.
on a similar note, i assume you meant theirs.

 
At 3:55 PM, Blogger jacob said...

I havent laughed that hard in a very long time. thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home