Here

And then this Bear, Pooh Bear, Winnie-the-Pooh, F.O.P. (Friend of Piglet's), R.C. (Rabbit's Companion), P.D. (Pole Discoverer), E.C. and T.F. (Eeyore's Comforter and Tail-finder)--in fact, Pooh himself--said something so clever that Christopher Robin could only look at him with mouth open and eyes staring, wondering if this was really the Bear of Very Little Brain whom he had know and loved so long.

Friday, December 31, 2004

some vacation statistics

Number of days I spent in Florida this week: 2.5
Number of days it was atually warm: 0
Number of separate occasions during those 2.5 days on which my grandmother used the word "sallowness" in discussing my complexion: 3
Number of days I did not stop smiling after starting my vacation: 4
Time I arrived in Boston, from NYC, by Bus, on Thursday: 3:45 am
Number of people I care about whom I snapped at within 15 hours of my arrival: 4
Correlation between the number of days left of my vacation and my downturn in mood: direct.

Poll: Is it safe to ride the train from WAshington Heights to Brooklyn (Midwood) as an unaccompanied female at 1 am?

3 Comments:

At 1:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heck, no, it ain't safe. NYC at 1am? There's a good chance that you won't be bothered, but the anxiety and the chance of something bad happenin' just aren't worth it.

Cottleston, cottleston, cottleston pie
A fly can't bird, but a bird can fly
Ask me a riddle, and I reply
Cottleston, cottleston, cottleston pie

 
At 1:27 AM, Blogger miriam said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 1:30 AM, Blogger miriam said...

I have a whole theory about the anxiety - that avoiding the anxiety of alleged dangers simply creates other anxieties (eg, being dependent on others to walk you home, having to leave places early, etc). so this is really only about the chance of seriously undesirable events. High enough to outweigh the costs of immobility?

just so long as i don't run into any woozles...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home