Here

And then this Bear, Pooh Bear, Winnie-the-Pooh, F.O.P. (Friend of Piglet's), R.C. (Rabbit's Companion), P.D. (Pole Discoverer), E.C. and T.F. (Eeyore's Comforter and Tail-finder)--in fact, Pooh himself--said something so clever that Christopher Robin could only look at him with mouth open and eyes staring, wondering if this was really the Bear of Very Little Brain whom he had know and loved so long.

Wednesday, December 22, 2004

I mentioned to someone at work that I live near Ave J and 15th.
"Oh, right near my man DiFara's!"
"(silent: huh?)"
"DiFara's, come one, right across the street!"
My continued failure to have any idea what he was talking about prompted him to mention it to a random passerby, and they shared a moment reminiscing about high-quality pizza.
All I could mumble to justify my astounding cultural deficiency was "It's not kosher."
So apparently the treif pizza store on avenue J that I always thought was just some sort of nondescript anomaly in the landscape is quite noteworthy. Three cheers for parochialism.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home