Here

And then this Bear, Pooh Bear, Winnie-the-Pooh, F.O.P. (Friend of Piglet's), R.C. (Rabbit's Companion), P.D. (Pole Discoverer), E.C. and T.F. (Eeyore's Comforter and Tail-finder)--in fact, Pooh himself--said something so clever that Christopher Robin could only look at him with mouth open and eyes staring, wondering if this was really the Bear of Very Little Brain whom he had know and loved so long.

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

trivia

Today I finally restored my phone service, which got suspended without my knowledge while I was in Israel. (Yes, I was basically completely responsdible. I just didn't realize there was such a small window for late payments when your service contract is expired...)

[n"m: i'f you tried to call me and the nice electronic lady told you that Iw as "not accepting calls" that is no longer the case]

Over the past week of phonelessness, I used a lot of payphones, which was an experience I have not missed. I also got to spend entire days without worrying that someone was going to call and ask about the anticipated color of my shoelaces at my wedding. So everything cuts both ways, I suppose.

Today I also went to Brooklyn for the first time in months, which was happy, and I got to ehar the cars driving around Boro Park with loudspeakers urging people (in English and Yiddish) to vote because it is "essential to the future of our comunity." I, embarassingly, did not visit my (admitedly nowhere-near-where-i-live) polling place...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home