Here

And then this Bear, Pooh Bear, Winnie-the-Pooh, F.O.P. (Friend of Piglet's), R.C. (Rabbit's Companion), P.D. (Pole Discoverer), E.C. and T.F. (Eeyore's Comforter and Tail-finder)--in fact, Pooh himself--said something so clever that Christopher Robin could only look at him with mouth open and eyes staring, wondering if this was really the Bear of Very Little Brain whom he had know and loved so long.

Monday, May 22, 2006

an erev shabbos mishap

in which i brought new meaning to the term "hand blender."

my first trip to the ER in many years, and my first ever trip without my mommy [:( ], thank God all limbs intact, and only four stiches...

The moral of the story, and the reason I allow myself to post it despite the obvious "pity me" implications, is:
when yout blender is clogged, clear out the mess with a fork.


Also, one of those "how can economics expain this" questions:
The nice PA who stiched me up told me to come back in "a couple of days" just to make sure healing was happening, and then in abt 10 days to remive the stitches. When prompted, she said explcitly I should just walk into the ER for a follow up. On the advice of my chevruta, who had a similar situationn with her son earlier this year, I called my insurance before going back and they informed me, perhaps not surprisingly, that they don't cover non-emergency visits to the ER but would (also not surprisingly) cover a follow-up if I went to my normal General Practitioner.* One suspects that this is fairly common policy. SO why does trhe ER tell you to come back there? You might think they just "want your business" (I had my own reasons re: not having split liability,though in the end I think my doctor is probably more competent and so it's probably for the ebst...), but I imagine that they don't actually recover the cost of a lot of the allegedly "self-paying" visitors. Or perhaps there's a disconnect between the "treaters" and the "billers"?
anyhow...

*Another moral of this story is why its good to "have a doctor" (which I hadn't really since High School until abt a month ago..) so that you have someone who knows you to whom you can bring all yout minor-but-requiring-attention medical issues...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home